Sinister: Cambridge social...

The Tall Git skg21 at xxx.uk
Sat May 16 14:15:02 BST 1998

On Sat, 16 May 1998, blue soda wrote:

> The next London Picnic will take place this coming Bank Holiday Monday
> 25th May 1998 (next one will be a Sunday, we promise!)

Sorry I can't join you this time - it'll be a week before my finals start.
I'm going tee-total as of tomorrow in readiness... (btw, I don't know if
the band are reading this at the moment, but good luck to Isobel in her
exams too!)

> So that's the news, I hope it's a good enough herald of my
> re-subscribing.

Good to have you back on board the good ship sinister!

Anyway, not much has been written about Thursday night yet, so here's a
quick review. 6 listees met up in Cambridge, and sat around outside a pub
talking for a couple of hours. We managed a bit better then the London
picnic, in that we weren't just sitting in the road outside the pub, but
on a bit of grass next to the river, watching the punts go past. There was
Chris, Rob (minus guitar :-( ), Mark, Milla, Espadrille (bless) and me. We
discussed favourite B&S songs, favourite other bands, best gigs, most
obscure gigs, and even a few non-music related things (I'm proud of the
fact that I didn't join in with the "who's your favourite Spice Girl"
conversation...). And it was a fine evening, good company, and we're
planning on having a picnic sometime after exams to meet up again.
(Probably on a weekday, since we're all students - June 9th was suggested
- but anyone who can come will be welcome).

Right, I'm off to watch the football cup final...

Stuart G

(Feeling disappointed because we only came 3rd in the inter-college
volleyball league...)