Sinister: rachels, egon schiele, no bs

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Sun May 17 14:15:06 BST 1998

> At 08:59 PM 5/16/98 +0000, Lindsay Sworski wrote:
> >has anyone ever heard of [the] rachel's?
> >"Music for Egon Schiele"?
> >
> >oh my god, im in love.
>
> Bought it for my mom for Christams.  She liked it.  How's that
> for fucked up?

you mean your mom or rachels or us kids are fucked up? ;-) not that i'm a
kid of course, but hey. i love Rachels. it's funny playing rachels and rodan
and june of 44 to people and seeing the reaction when you tell 'em about the
connections. hmmm. not seen rachels play live but i hear they are excellent.
i saw rodan a couple times and they were just massive. tara rocks :-)

but rachels, yes... the egon schiele record is gorgeous, as is the first
record, 'handwriting', and the third, 'the sea and the bells'. music is just
magical atmospheric modern classical sound i guess... very beautiful.
matched admirably by the packaging, produced by Chicago's One Ton Press, a
concern which i'm guessing must have connection with the amazine Fireproof
press who do the June of 44 packaging, as well as other stuff like Ui and
Tortoise at some points. They did that Sixths 7" set too, which all the
MAgnetic Fields fans will vouch for as being classic.

they do cool t-shirts too. Fireproof i mean, not rachels.

off to ramble in the sun.

the duke