Sinister: on-topic post shocker

poetryplace2 poetryplace2 at xxx.uk
Thu May 14 12:15:42 BST 1998

Tim 'I am a truck' Hopkins burbled:

>I thought I'd tell you what was written on a sticker on
>the case. It has the full cover etc, and a sticker on the front saying
>'Appearing 18-Nov-96'. On the back, though, it gets good, saying...
>
>'Everything that made me want a career in the music business and most of
>what keeps me in it (aside from the money) is embodied in this
unconsciously
>inspired, unassuming masterpiece. What's that? It's the indefinable, the
>elusive quality of magic, it's something you feel and know instantly and
>don't question, you just go with it. The charm and wit of these songs, the
>guileless understatement of their production, and the dark shades of
meaning
>make this a rare gem. Does this sound like pluggerbabble bullshit? Then
>perhaps you've been in the music business too long. Phone me for some
>background stories- Scott.
>Belle & Sebastian play the Borderline on the 11th Nov.'

It's interesting to note that this is actually written by Scott Piering, the
guy who played a major role in the early career of some bunch of losers
called The Smiths (whatever happened to them?), and who is, by all accounts
a totally diamond geezer.

While I'm here, can I pass on a message from Megan 'Da Mink' Lehar, to
everyone who knows her? (Oooh, I felt like I was on Swap Shop as I typed
that.) Well, just to let everyone know she arrived safely on Tuesday,
bringing a heatwave to London with her, and completed a thorough tour of
Bermondsey's wonderful crack houses. She is, as I write, catching the train
to Jockoland to meet the Edinburgh posse. "There can be only one" she told
me as she left for Kings Cross this morning.

Trousers
xxxxxxx