Sinister: Pish / Lunchtime / Abbaon / Raj / MILLER

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Mon May 18 15:21:37 BST 1998

>1) on the way into town on the bus, the driver pulled over on the way
>through the village, said "i'll just be a minute", got out, crossed the
>road and went into the pub. He then came back out and carried on with the
>journey. Hmmm.

Strange this actually cause once I got the train from Edinburgh to Glasgow
(or Embra to Glasgae is you want to be fucking irritating about it). I was
standing outside the drivers bit talking to the ticket bloke and the train
stopped, the driver went out the door on to the track, so I ask the ticket
bloke what was going on, and he just said "Ach, the driver's just popped out
for a piss".

    Went down the town at lunchtime today and bought a couple of singles,
the Delgados one, which I really bought on account of the cover being really
nice - I'm afraid I don't like the record that much, even if they did
nurture a giant rat back to health. I also bought the Tricky single. The Hip
Hop mix has some good beats on it, but some rather irritating noises in the
background and the single itself is a bit lame - a wee bit too wilfully
"arty" if you ask me. Tricky's had some fucking brilliant moments (Abbaon
Fat Tracks, Christian Sands, Hell is around the corner), but unfortunately
he has some pish moments too, and on first listening, I'd say this is one of
them. Maybe I'll change my mind later on in the week.

    Had a nice time last Thursday when Megan popped up for the day and we
went out for a meal at the Raj in Leith, which boasts 1983 prices, which I
thought was very generous, and an excellent curry was had by all. Followed
by a drink in one of the weird local pubs. Had a very nice time, and I think
Megan enjoyed herself too, however, I expect she'll post a report herself.

    I'm working on unix machines at the moment, but figured I'd better rush
back to send this letter from my PC, since Mr.MILLER is in Britain at the
moment I'd better make a play to get well ahead of him in the posting
stakes.

Cheers,
    Keith.