Sinister: rachels, egon schiele, no bs

AjAaDcAoMbs aadam at xxx.com
Tue May 19 02:35:08 BST 1998

duke of harringay wrote:
>  i love Rachels. it's funny playing rachels and rodan
> and june of 44 to people and seeing the reaction when you tell 'em about the
> connections.
You might wanna play them Hula Hoop as well. After all, that's where
Rachel (Grimes) comes from.

> not seen rachels play live but i hear they are excellent.
Indeed. They are fantastic.

> i saw rodan a couple times and they were just massive.
They were fantastic.
It's unfortunate that June..., Shipping News and Tara's musical
adventures are so pale by comparison

> but rachels, yes... the egon schiele record is gorgeous, as is the first
> record, 'handwriting', and the third, 'the sea and the bells'. music is just
> magical atmospheric modern classical sound i guess...
No need to guess, it is. I can recommend some swell composers you might
like as well.

> matched admirably by the packaging, produced by Chicago's One Ton Press, a
> concern which i'm guessing must have connection with the amazine Fireproof
> press who do the June of 44 packaging, as well as other stuff like Ui and
> Tortoise at some points.
Yeah, they're basicly the same.

> they do cool t-shirts too. Fireproof i mean, not rachels.
Fireproof do not do t-shirts. Screwball Press _used_ to do t-shirts.
They're both in the same place and on rare occasions work together.

"Fireproof Press: We do asbestos as we can"
(I suggested it, they didn't like it. No sense of humor)

Aadam