Sinister: loads of great stuff, for sure

Mark Casarotto biondino at xxx.com
Thu May 21 08:54:27 BST 1998

Okay - problem with reading all this mail at work:

1. Get job with shitty company that pays diddly squat and do horrid job sans holiday.

2. Figure out that said company makes programmes about computers and thus must have a web-connected pc
somewhere.

3. Work till less than 4 weeks remain on contract (having fallen out so many times with production manager that
re-employment an impossibility), thus making it impossible for them to fire you.

4. Spend 2 hours peaktime phone bill checking out Sinister wonders and stick both fingers (or any number you
like should you have more than two) up at production manager, head of production and entire TV industry.

Sorted!

Also - I have now officially indoctrinated big time: my mate Matt, my best friend Jackie, my sometime american
lover Marcia (soon to be popstar herself - check out band called Degogo (Air meets Blur meets Stereolab, kind
of - if you know them already, write to me!!)), my friend Ella (who has turned from Anokha to B&S, and has
worryingly bought the new theaudience single, which I must admit has me humming along), and, best of all, my
mum, who as yet prefers Sinister to Tigermilk, but there's still time. And I'm not going to let up, oh no.

Also, 6ths - nice to hear them getting a mention. I don't think I've mentioned Kate Bush for a while, so let me
just remind everyone that "Breathing" is just fabbo, and "Wow" and "This woman's work" are the best things
ever!! Embrace, however, suck. The one Rodan song I've got is on a split 7" with Tsunami, Superchunk and
someone else - it's really nice, but for some reason I've never gone further. Anyone care to enlighten me?

I also noticed (this is the last thing, promise) that I'm about the only person without a nickname. I used to
be called Biondino when I was living in Italy, which of course means "little blond one", which is quite sweet -
not v accurate in winter mind, but they don't have a word for "mousy" (or is it "mousey"?) In italian - perhaps
"toposino" (suggestions from any natives would be v appreciated).

Enough already - alla prossima!

Mark xxx

PS Dan, I'd kill to be in a band, but am a bit talentless. Still, I reckon I could write stuff and play a bit
of bass or rhythm geetar, and my backing vocals are great. And I've got a 4 track. What are the odds of sitting
round playing nothing but B&S stuff (sad, sad man)???

PPS If there are any Italians on this list, scrivetemi, as I never get to speak the bloody language anymore,
and my degree is slowly seeping out of my brain. Rescue me!

"Alright, well and good, I'll admit it's all my fault, I'm sorry, okay?"
                                                        - Th' Faith Healers '93 (RIP)