Sinister: I think I'm getting addicted

Mark Casarotto biondino at xxx.com
Fri May 22 08:03:44 BST 1998

As I'm writing this, I have the programme rumoured to contain Stuart David on in the background. Reports as
they come...

A question - when someone writes something relevant particularly to you, or relating to something you said in a
posting, is it etiquette to write to them individually or to post on the list?

As I'm not sure, here are a couple of responses to things I've seen...

1. Laini - I have Degogo's first single, if you're interested in hearing some - might be worth waiting for the
album, though - I think it's going to be a bit groovy (in a year's time, natch). I'll be seeing them all in a
coupla months when they come over to record (for Lo-fi, the label run by Nick and Warren from Duran Duran), so
I'll let you know what's going down if yr interested!

2. Milla-Isobel - yes, a band sounds like a fantastic idea!! I'm not v good with m'guitar, but I do try, and I
have an idea or two. I can't believe you cover You made me forget... it's my total fave B&S song (though I'm
sure it'll be a different one tomorrow). I live in London too - near Wimbledon - and jamming would just rock my
world (see, I even know the lingo). Anyone else fancy it?

3. Rob b - Stina Nordenstam, YES!!! I haven't got any of her stuff (well, one song on an ancient compilation
tape made for me by an extremely clued up friend 5 years ago), but I always regret finding out more.

Still haven't seen Stuart on the telly - Martin Rossiter, yes - maybe later?

Don't think I'll be at the social on Friday (though you never know) but the picnic is absolutely essental - and
this time I might actually introduce myself to some people (lucky people), as long as they promise to play
football with me! I'll have my friend Jackie with me, who's a bit unhappy at the moment, but I'm sure I can
rely on you all to cheer her up.

Okay, what new stuff do I have to say? The Daily Mail and The Daily Express make me angrier than ANYTHING in
the WHOLE WORLD - they write such preachy, prissy, fascistic, judgmental, advantage-taking, bigoted,
inciting-to-racial-hatred fucking FUCKING SHIT!!! that I can barely breathe, I'm so apoplectic. The only thing
they've ever done that I've enjoyed was when they named the blokes who killed Stephen Lawrence - ethically it
was v. dodgy, but in this case I fuckin' loved it.

And the Levellers suck big-time.

That'll do now. Pop music and football - that's what it's all about!

See you on Monday, sweeties,
love Mark xxx

p.s. still no bloody Stuart - they always make us wait...