Sinister: Golly gee whillikers!

Steven Jay Goldman sgold06 at xxx.edu
Fri May 22 04:31:03 BST 1998

My lord, I didn't expect so many responses to a deluded email sent from
work!  Thanks to everyone who popped out of the woodwork!

I realized from these past few emails that I never introduced myself, so
here I go:

The name's Steven Goldman, and I'm a recent Emory grad, majoring in the
mighty art of theater (acting/writing), and I don't believe in the line
"Would you like fries with that?"  I love all sorts of odd people and
novels and music and perceptions, and it seems that you all are the sort
of folks who can appreciate that...

For example, I was lying on my back on the grassy knoll on the corner of
Clifton and North Decatur -- hopefully the site of the upcoming Arts
Center Emory's planning -- watching traffic pass me by, and clouds swirled
and lolled in the air, taking on shapes and sizes before me.  Most days
people just pass them by, but the big balloon animal shapes were too
fascinating to pass up, so I sat like a googly-eyed kid, enjoying the
circus in the sky...

Another Ink moment:  I'm sitting at the Mudhouse, a no-longer-existent
coffee hangout in Fort Lauderdale, my cup of java upraised with a quirky
smile on my face.  The girl, a redhead as I recall, has just passed my
table, walking slowly and ambling across the outdoor courtyard, upset at
being alone and bored, which was my state at the time.  Her sundress
flowing in the night wind, her green eyes bright under the moon...I raised
my cup to her, tipping her a smile to say "I know the story, luv" and got
a soft smile from her in return...

Ah, those sweet smiles of life...some days they are all we need. ;)

"Let's put our heads together, and start a whole new country up,
Our father's father's fathers tried to erase the parts they didn't like,
let's try to fill it in, thank the glory river swim,
we kneeskinned it, you and me, we kneeskinned that river red..."
				--"Cuyahoga," R.E.M.

--Steven
(404) 251-8310
sgold06 at emory.edu