Sinister: JESUS

A.M. Horne amh20 at xxx.uk
Fri May 22 13:36:37 BST 1998

> However, don´t you think that we shouldn´t forget The Jesus and Mary Chain

i'd agree with that: psychocandy and darklands are still pretty essential,
tho after that it gets a bit dodgy. sidewalking and blues from a gun are
superb, but the 3rd (proper) album essentially consists of 10 or so
versions of the same song, which always struck me as a bit pointless. and
after that they haven't really done much of note.

that doesn't mean i ahven't bought the last two singles in the hope of
them recapturing the old fire tho.

but it hasn't really worked. looks like the trainspotting /sean connery
equation still holds good.

espadrille