Sinister: loving stina, edinburgh, rubbish bands and peas

Honey honey at xxx.net
Fri May 22 15:42:12 BST 1998

Woo, Stina has popped up on the list *again* - I've said it before
(tediously - see

http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/hypermail/1998-month-03/0563.html

), but a Stina Nordenstam list is the only other mailing list I've
been tempted to set up (so far resisted: I'd quite like to keep my
job...  oh go on, someone tempt me).  Can't remember if anyone
summarised:  but her three LPs are: "Memories of a Color" (sic), "And
She Closed Her Eyes" and "Dynamite".  Buy them all!  They sort of go
up in ascending order of quirkiness and descending order of sweetness,
while all remaining quirky and sweet (yes it's Friday).  If you
haven't bought any buy the middle one.  Caveat: some people will hate
her voice.  Me, I'm just swimmingly in love.

If you want be a party to other Stina rumblings, go to the Sinister
WWW pages (below), go to "Search", type in Stina and click both
buttons below (search all content, all months).  Cheap advert - use
the search thing.

What else oh evil bunny clones?  Debbie (Alan in disguise) Prior
wrote:

> but napier uni in embra probably has media stuff- its not a big stuck
> up crappy place like the 'proper' uni. but its still crap.

Hmm, true my office is a bit crap - I can only see the city if I
stand on my desk and look out of the windows 6 feet up.  HOWEVER - I
want you all to kneel and kiss the "proper" University machine,
charmingly called "sloth" which I am typing on, which is actually the
Sinister machine and woofs for you all like a faithful doggie (except
when it screws up and sends you 20 copies of the same mail).

Mark Casarotto wrote:

> A question - when someone writes something relevant particularly to
> you, or relating to something you said in a posting, is it etiquette
> to write to them individually or to post on the list?

I think the only way to answer that, with my sensible trousers on, is
to think how many people might like to know, and pray to Sir Cliff -
there's 500 people on the list, so just - hmm make sure you might
interest a good few.  And, nagging mumsy that I am, please take a
look at the Frequently Asked Questions on the WWW site where I've
tried to give a feel, with help from some others, for what people
should post and what not.  Often lists die through dispersion of
content and squabbling - you lot seem mostly to have an uncanny
ability to rally round and save the list.  That's why I wish to
pleasure you all.  Besides, I don't feel so bad nagging just now as
I've just received the nicest message about the list from my comments
page - n, I love you.

Whoever it was who told us about sitting outside a pub at the London
peekneek and strumming B&S songs and being asked for an autograph: a
response from a band member heard recently: "That's a crazy old story
about the picnic buskers. They must have been pretty bad to get
mistaken for the real thing.  :)"  Anyone who went to Manchester will
know what he means.  JOKE!

I think I'll go now.  My travel agent called Linda can't decide if
I'm being driven or trained to Glasgow this evening to the Serge do.
I'm standing by the door with my hat and coat on, humming a tune and
waiting to be told what to do.

Honeybyes xxxx