Sinister: "arty" books

Delaware9 Delaware9 at xxx.com
Mon May 25 22:48:22 BST 1998

Layla wrote:

"Anyone know of any 'arty' books out there???"

Well, I dont know exactly what you meant by 'arty,' but Jeanette Winterson is
a pretty fine author.  Certainly an artist with the written word.  Her books
have all these lovely sentences that youll want to shout in the face of
everyone you meet, enlightening them: "History is a string full of knots...the
best you can do is admire it, and maybe knot it up a bit more..."  The Passion
is a good place to start if youve not read anything of hers before.  Short and
leaving you thirsty.  Read it with the Magnetic Fields' "Josephine" playing in
the background.

All of you must have lots of time to read now too, after having failed all
those exams and whatnot....alas, I have a whole week to wait before mine
begin...

:)
Jess