Sinister: all good things come in threes...

Alexandre P. Tobin alex.tobin at xxx.com
Tue May 26 07:02:38 BST 1998

This is my last flailing attempt to send this to the mailing list, as
it's oh-so bloody-well embarassing.

Hi!  I'm Alex, male, and soon to be 26.  I was originally planning to
move to Europe on the 1st of June, but - alas! - am at the whim and
extreme ditherings of both my future (i hope!) university and the
Belgian Embassy.  Plainly said:  It is taking me a bit longer than
expected to get my student visa for Belgium.  I probably won't be able
to leave before the 15th now...

Now the real corker (and the truly embarassing bit) comes:  I have
finally been able to get somebody to take over my lease on my
apartment.  This would ordinarily be good news, but it now means I have
to move out on the 1st, meaning I shall have to go live under a bridge
and in a cardboard box.

My question:  Is there any kind soul in the Washington, DC, area that
wouldn't mind taking me in for a week or two.  I am clean, housebroken,
can even cook a bit and would love to do the dishes.  Plus, I am more
than willing to chip in for rent, as I hate to impose on anyone,
especially not for free.

I would be ever-so grateful, as this has been a truly horrid month for
me.  Trust me, this is a last resort.  I am completely sane (I hope some
people in sinister can vouch for me.  Right, Laurel?!!  Sarah?!!) and
not much of a bother to be around at all.

So, please please please, if there is somebody out there, please drop me
an e-mail or give me a ring at 301.887.1262.  I would be ever so
grateful.

This wee lad just wants to get back to Europe to his mummy.

Sorry if this is the 3rd such message you receive!  Just having posting
problems on the list...

Thanks very much.

Alex
alex.tobin at erols.com