Sinister: St Bruno Hand rubbed Shag

Johnston, John CT John.Johnston at xxx.uk
Tue May 26 10:34:59 BST 1998

Oh dear, I think I'm turning into dimunitive Brit DJ Bruno Brooks - I
keep hearing kerazeeee "twisted lyrics" in todays pop charts. First that
Madonna with her hymn to Brookside's erstwhile lipstick-lesbian "Anna
Friel" in the chorus to "ray of Light". And then Mr Busta (LeAnne)
Rhymes in his Knight Rider sampling new hit keeps shouting "Fido! Fido!"
- it's obviously a story of loosing his dog one day and going on a
desparate search.

Choosing a name for a dog if you live in the 'hood must be dead tricky.
I mean if your standing outside your house shouting for it you'll want
it to have a tuff name and not something that might prompt your
neighbours to think you were anything less than the dopest flyest O.G.
mofo in town. If your dog's called Mr Woof Woof people might think you
were a tad whack. my mate had a similar problem with his cat in Glasgow.
He loved ice hockey as a kid but he didn't want to stand on his doorstep
shouting "Gretzky! Gretzky" at the top of his voice - so he called it
"Bossy" instead. Go figure.

Now - can anyone help me with a music tip ; "Boards of Canada" (or
whatever they are called) --- bangin' or bollox? I've heard they are
from Edinburgh and make twiddly techno high in the lofty (hem hem)
Pentland hills. And they say Canada in their name so that's another good
thing. Edinburgh and Canada - that's most of my favourite things catered
for - if they ever do a song called "tea-time choccy biccies" I'll be in
heaven.

sorry for the lack of content I just needed to share.

xx
John