Sinister: peekneek

poetryplace2 poetryplace2 at xxx.uk
Tue May 26 13:15:58 BST 1998

Another bank holiday, another picnic... Once again, a gang of us met up on
Primrose Hill yesterday for the second London alfresco shindig. A few
highlights for you...

# David and Gerard stealing some poor medical students' bikes and bombing
round the park in an attempt to break the speedometers

# Unsteady Elisabeth stealing some dogs

# Rory 'The Cat' Mackie's astounding performance between the sticks in the
five-a-side match

# Aussie Shelley claiming the highly coveted 'Player of the Match' trophy
for scoring five goals in one game

# Sabine acting the cultural ambassador and judging the petanque matches
with l'insouciance francaise

# Everybody ignoring my rather pathetic drunken plea that we play kiss
chase

# Steady Mike buying about 40,000 bags of crisps

# Linda inducting us into the mysteries of bloody marys

Well, it was another grand day, and the weather turned out to be just fine.
Hats off, once again to the Blue Soda crew. There was some speculation at
one point that the next picnic should be held in Brighton, in an attempt to
cause some kind of mod mayhem at the seaside and maybe inviting the members
of the Arab Strap list to a big scrap on the pier.

Can I just mention that Blue Soda social will be taking a well-earned break
this Friday... we should be back again the following week (June 5)...

Til next time...

Stevie Trousers
xxxxxxxxxxxx