Sinister: Association of National Park Authorities

Adrian Evans aevans at xxx.uk
Tue May 26 13:42:50 BST 1998

Well Well Well.

Debbie Alan Prior wrote :

>Subject: Sinister: jim'll fix it for yooooooooooooooooooooooooou! (and you. >AND you...)

I once wrote to Jim'll Fix It and asked if he could fix it for me to referee the FA Charity Shield.  I was only about 7 at the time and needless to say he didn't bother replying.  Which is why I have watched the London marathon every year since praying that he'll collapse in a heap.

Oh yeah, and I saw you Jimmy bloody Saville in the back of your van with those young children....BASTAD.

Adam Robinson wrote :

>I've managed to fail my driving test seven times, probably becoming eight
>in a couple of weeks time. I've now resorted to trying to make it seem like
>an amusing and whimisical quirk in my character, rather than admitting
>that I just can't drive very well.

Shit...you ARE crap.
You must use The Force...reach out and let your feelings go.
Good Luck.

Tara wrote :

>Who is Jimmy Tarbuck?

It's refreshing to know that after 26 years of having to endure this sad portly scouse excuse of a comedian, he has never been inflicted on our US cousins.

Tara....have you ever heard of Tommy Cooper ?  One of the great British entertainers.  Well Jimmy Tarbuck was directly responsible for his death, live on TV on stage in London and has never been brought to justice.

But he did introduce us to Jefferey Wheeler.

Rod Begbie wrote

>You think you've got problems?  I've got to learn to drive *and* pass my
>test between 20th June and 17th August.  That's going to be a total
>fucking barrel of laughs.

Ha ! you win.
I've got no problems mind, it's the other xx million road users in Britain who should be scared.

Lofty Gardiner wrote :

>I only failed my driving test twice, but I claim the record for the
>quickest failure; going through a red light whilst still within sight of
>the test centre. I think it took about 20 seconds.

I once had a test where I was forced to do a real emergency stop within spitting distance of the test centre.
I did it alright, I just don't think the examiner was most impressed when I asked him if we could change the test route to go past my house so I could change my underwear.

I failed.

>The second time I was failed for undue hesitation, for stopping at a
>roundabout to see if anything was coming, how harsh is that?

Been there, failed on that, got the t-shirt, read the book, killed the examiner, served 16 years at her Majestys pleasure...what am I crapping on about ?

Some US listee who forgot to leave their name wrote :

>Hell, you're in the wrong country.  I've been driving successfully since I
>was 16.  In England, you have to recite the Canturbury Tales while doing a
>backbend and eating pudding

Lovely...

Adrian.