Sinister: hot water and towels

Honey honey at xxx.net
Wed May 27 10:53:51 BST 1998

Well the big day's finally arrived.  I promised when Sinister started
that I would have all your babies and today I'm delivering.  Yes
Sinister is 9 months' old today and your babies are fair popping
out.  Ouch, it hurts.  I expect flowers.

Poor old Alex, who thought the list was knackered and sent a message
three times - an explanation.  In the "good" old days lots of people
sent "administration commands" (like "unsubscribe") to the list - a
common mistake, and one you can't entirely blame people for (well you
can but the software should be better).  People on the list got fed
up with this.  So I turned on a standard check for it in the
software, which looks for things like "unsubscribe" and "help" and
sends them just to the list admin her/himself - so now only *I* get
to see them, and if in fact they're OK I "approve" them via email and
send them on.  Aren't I nice?

Thing is - the checking is a little too keen and thought, because
Alex said "HELP" at a strategic point, that he might be one of these
pesky trouble-causers and so asked me to check first.  And because I
was being rushed to the Western General in the back of a taxi,
screaming for morphine and wondering what to call my children, I
wasn't around.

So the moral to this tedious explanation is: a few (< 1%) or emails
will get trapped and I will have to give the software a nod.  If
you'd rather I turned this off again (email me privately) then I'm
happy to.  I just noticed some people got pretty fed up with a lot of
these unsubscribes going to the list (reminder: don't send them to
sinister, send them to majordomo at majordomo.net!).

[P.S. haha - I just had to approve THIS email]

What else?  Well I might change the whole list's addresses for email
and WWW to something else - it makes in more portable in the future.
So look out for changes on the website

http://bee.home.ml.org/sinister

:) and in the footer if I decide to - the old ones will of course
still work for a bit but I'd prefer you to use the new.  Another damn
good reason is so that my email address can be something fun.  Anyway
I'll let you know if I decide to change it.

honey at bee.ml.org