Sinister: re: Belle and Sebastian Comics (fwd)

eeyore's tail conform at xxx.edu
Thu May 28 09:11:09 BST 1998

   i've been reading chester brown comics, he's amazing and does a series
called underwater, before that he did a comic called yummy fur.  several
story lines from yummy fur have been collected into graphic novels, one
is called 'ed the happy clown' and the other is autobiographical and i
think it's called 'i never loved you anyway' or something like that.
they're published by the same people who publish optic nerve, speaking of
which...

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Francisco Alberto Wong wrote:

> Just because someone mentioned Optic Nerve I must concur and agree
> forthrightly that listening to Belle and Sebastian whilst reading
> Optic Nerve may result in overdose on nostalgia and most things winsome
> --or rather, hopeless.

  optic nerve is great and the mention gives an opportunity for a most
shameless plug:  adrian tomine, author of optic nerve has done very nice
covers for several records by portland, oregon band the crabs, a very
sweet two piece with a number of records and singles on k records.  the
most recent album has the a.t. art (there's also a 7" with a.t. art) and
has cello by me on it.  that album is called 'what were flames now
smoulder'.

   seamus