Sinister: worth the pain

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Fri May 29 20:45:01 BST 1998

you know, i was out riding my bicycle today and i thought of belle and
sebsatian. to be specific i thought of that line in Dylan in The Movies,
'you're worth the trouble and you're worth the pain...' you know the one.
Anyway, it was just after i'd climbed up this bloody big hill (they call it
Little Haldon, but there's nothing little about it, i can tell you... i'd
gone over Great Haldon an hour or so earlier, and that's more aptly titled)
and when i got to the top i rode along, just looking at the view. it was
amazing, it really was, looking down on Teignmouth on one side and Dawlish
on the other, with the sea and sand shining in the sun. Anyway, i just
forgot all about the pain in my legs and lungs and felt so bloody alive, and
i thought of that line, and it seemed so fitting. so anyway, just thought
i'd share.

my tape of Tigermilk just died :-( fortunately i already copied it in fear
of just such a dreaded occurence :-)

stay gold,

the duke (sore legs still...)