Sinister: Re: st etienne (NBSC)

David dfarthng at xxx.ca
Sun May 31 08:14:47 BST 1998

Nicola4230 at aol.com wrote:

> but the album "So Tough" or their compilation "Too Young To Die"...

I love St. E as well, and agree about the more recent stuff being less
impressive.  "Foxbase Alpha" is one of my favourite albums, in large
part because of the remarkable remake of "Only Love Can Break Your
Heart".  I heartily recommend them to anyone who enjoys popish dance
music with a truly impressive vocalist to go along with it.

David.

ps-- this is my first post, having just subbed a few days ago.  I am
usually content to lurk for a few weeks, but St. Etienne is one of the
few bands I know enough about to comment on.  Now if only someone starts
a thread about Morrissey or the Sundays or ice hockey, I'll be totally
at home... ;)