Sinister: Mercury Rev and One Dove

Kin Woo travelling_light at xxx.com
Sun Nov 1 05:44:59 GMT 1998

Has any of the gorgeous people otherwise known as Sinisterines heard the
new Mercury Rev album??? (Deserters' Songs). I've heard magnificient
things about it but wanna find out 'real' as opposed to music
journalist's opinions:) Finally does ANYONE at all out there love One
Dove as much as I do? Has anyone even heard them? They're a band who
came about in 1991 and released an absolutely breathtaking and gorgeous
album of melancholy ambient techno with touches of Nick Drake and Velvet
Underground, in 1993. They broke up before they released their second
album (which they had FINISHED! recording)
And now I'm finding it ever so hard to get hold of their stuff.
Apparently their lead singer Dot Allison has gone solo now but Select
mag said she would release something in March and she still hasn'tL I
know this isn't B&S related and please Honey don't boot me out
of the list after this, but sympathise with my plight (that living in
Australia makes it extremely HARD TO GET HOLD OF GREAT STUFF, b&s
included) and if anyone out there know of this great band please contact
me privately at my 'normal' uni email account:
daftpunk at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
and again, do tell me if that Mercury Rev album is any good.
 seeya lovelies
Kin Woo
With A Star Upon Your Shoulder
Lighting Up The Path As You Walk