Sinister: athens

brad parachute at xxx.net
Sun Nov 1 06:16:59 GMT 1998

since it's halloween and i had to work and now i'm home and bored and
partyless cause i didn't have time to get to any......i'm gonna tell you
about the athens show.

i got into town and walked downtown with my friend bob so he could get
some smokes. then we walked down to wuxtry records cause i was looking
for the new jonathan richman (which i didn't find), i did however find a
nice bootleg of the dylan/cash sessions. and we met some members of the
band in a store. bob got some autographs, i just talked to mick. funny
thing...they wouldn't all sign the same piece of paper bob had. they
would only put one name on each thing.

so then we went to this bar, the engine room, and got shitfaced on
guinness.

then bob's girlfriend wouldn't stop talking about shit i didn't care
about, so i walked out of the bar and went and stood in what was
becoming a line. i saw some other friends and went and talked with them
until one of them got on my nerves cause she's a fucking stoner hippie
who talks in that annoying stoner voice, so then bob's girlfriend comes
and bothers me some more, and then the doors open.

so while the opening band is on, masters of the hemisphere, she sees bob
kissing another girl, and i think "oh fuck......not tonight" so she
starts crying and i'm standing there not about to let her ruin my belle
and sebastian moment, so i say a few comforting words and turn around
and let my friend robbie handle the rest of it. so he kidney punches me
for doing that to him.

then she walks off and goes and says something to bob and the girl he
was smooching, and bob hauls ass. he left the show.

so there's all this high school drama going on around me with my
friends, and i decide to not give a fuck, cause, hey! i'm here to see
belle and sebastian, not play babysitter to a couple of drunk ex-lovers.

then belle and sebastian come one around midnight and you can read
reid's letter about all that. i will say that they looked nothing like
the pictures or what i expected. except isobel....grrroowlll.

they played about 45 minutes and walked off, and the stage lights didn't
come on, so robbie asks me if they do encores, and i said "i don't think
so. i hope not" and after five minutes of the stage lights still not on
and no sign of the roadies i turn to him and say "maybe they do". as
soon as i got the words out of my mouth, the roadies came out and
started breaking down the equipment.

we left and went to his bar i can't remember the name of and got
re-shitfaced.

at about 2:30 a.m., we went to kroger and bought some 3 for a dollar
burritos and a can of pringles, cause none of us had eaten. we walked
back to bob's apartment, ate the burritos, watched the southpark episode
where they show that cartoon of fat abbot, and he goes "hey hey hey
bitch. glock glock. ho" and all that kind of stuff and i fall asleep on
the floor and got woke up the next morning by another friend that lives
above bob. he was in his bedroom playing with his turntables, which he
recently bought. so i walked upstairs to his room, told him to fuck off,
and when i got back down, everyone else was awake and showering, so i
did the same, and then we drove home.

and when i got home i did the laundry and listened to my new bootleg.

-brad