Sinister: gimmee gimmee gimmee fried chicken

Chris Leonard cleonard at xxx.COM
Mon Nov 2 10:38:11 GMT 1998

>Right, we're off to the pictures. Full gibbering tomorrow.
>Speaking of which.......Chris, where are you, you funny
>little hedgehog?

hehehe the funny little hedgehog's a mental wee guy, int he?  He keeps
running up to Mike and singing a funny little song.   I've been here all
along but rather involved in my duties, forgive me for not gibbering on
Friday.  This is for the benefit of Admiral Miller, I don't think anyone
else will read this.  Now, Robin Williamson.  For those who don't know
I'm partial to the Incredible String Band, who were a fantastic group
from Edinburgh.  They went a bit shit in the early 70's when they
started to rock, but I just ignore that.  Robin Williamson and Mike
Heron were the Incredible String Band and Robin has continued to release
6 albums a year for the last 20 years.  And they're all ace.  Mostly.

Now on Thursday I went to see him, and christ he's good.  He was fucking
huge, sort of like a mystic Santa with a harp.  It was an evening of
stories and song, and he just made it up as he went along.  Great.  He
told a big story about Finn McCool the most marvellous man who ever was.
 Finn McCool had a magic thumb which could transport him into the future
if he chewed on it.  hehehe.   He sang old string band favourites
"October Song" and "The First Girl I loved".  Trivia - in the sixties
Bob Dylan said out loud October Song was "quite good".  But the best
best bit was when in the middle of a song about getting the loan of a
glass of beer Robin Started telling a story about places he had been.
He was talking and then he said "Christ I love County Clare".  Then he
sang at the top of his voice in a high pitch
"COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNTTTTY
CLAAAAAAAAARE", then proceeded with his story.  I was laughing.  I guess
you had to be there.

The only problem was I took my parents with me, thinking they would
enjoy an evening of Robin.  My mistake, they were bored silly, and
fidgeted all the way through it.  I should have given them a row or ten
of the best.  Uncooth scrubbers.  The famous miss julia was much more
appreciative, she's brilliant.

Many thanks to Mr. Jake Kenny for the lenoir session tape.  I like it a
lot.  Murdoch seems to be enjoying himself on it, getting folk to say
hello to mumsy-wumsy and that.  Jake you will be rewarded, soon ;)

And finally, Helana was curious:

>about that picture page on the mailing list site- who's that darling >boy in
the picture titled "chrispoof" ??? Is he on this list??

Yeah, that was me when I was a poof.  Now I'm not a poof and cut my hair
and ate a lot of pies to prove it.  Ho-hum.

Chris McCool