Sinister: i'd be happy but i am hebrew

Damon Seils seilsd at xxx.net
Mon Nov 2 15:47:08 GMT 1998

You begin to realize there's little to be said about the Washington,
D.C., gig once you know that the band covered a _Southpark_ song. I hate
to add to the confusion, but I could have sworn it was Stuart David at
the piano who was responsible for this, just before he broke into "A
Century of Elvis." So we can now say, most assuredly, that "It's Hard to
Be a Jew at Christmas" was performed by Stuart D and/or Chris, possibly
with backing from Isobel and/or Sarah. Exact, in'it?

It's probably not even important. Let me just quote John Monroe for a
moment... "I saw B&S cover a Southpark tune!!"

The venue was full up and, as Mr Dossinger says, <<the front and center
was populated by guys over 6'2">>. I know because I was one of the guys
over 6'2" populating the front and center. Ah, well. Perhaps you'll find
some justice in the fact that I was trapped behind a boy who was even
taller than me. And thicker.

Anyway, Reid gave an excellent synopsis of what went on at the show. I
wish I'd known he was there: I could have added him to the list of
sinister bunnies I met, many for the first time. Imagine seeing the band
onstage, and just in front of you are Megan, Mick, Brian, Matt (the
adorable NYC foursome); you know that somewhere in back are John and
Michele; and the crowd pressing against you, filling the room, is
undoubtedly dotted with sinisterines you wouldn't know from an empty
beer bottle on the floor. Add to this the awkward, nervous little chats
you had with Stu M and Chris before the show, and... Is this what it
feels like to lose gravity?

It's certainly enough to take away the pain of the Guv'ner set.

---
Damon