Sinister: I wanna be a part of it.

Rory Mackie babyblu at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 2 14:55:32 GMT 1998

Heh-heh. I have just converted a entire family of Swedes to the joys of
Belle and Sebastian. In return they give me shirts and shoes that the
dad of the family used to wear in the sixties. This takes my B&S
convertion score up to 9 (nine!) and some of them were Embrace fans as
well.
 Thanks to NYC for being so bloody lovely and warm while I was there,
you can keep your bloody British reserve, bad teeth, appaling weather
and confusing underwear mate, give me an unfeasibly warm October week in
Brooklyn anytime. Special thanks to lovely Will/Bill for putting up with
me and Linda for so long and with such good grace, we promise to return
the favour when you come to London. And don't any of you American
cousins listen to certain Xenophobic hi-jackers, you're all wondrously
soft and snuggly bundles of joy and I love you individualy and
repeatedly ;)
 Sorry this is all such meaningless drivel, it's just that I've been
away for so long that I wanted to post something just to keep me hand in
like, Oh I know! The Mercury Rev album. It's fantastic, listening to it
for the first time with a wide ranging trans-continental demogrphic of
young groovy people brought about references to Sparklehorse, Marriane
Faithful and the songs that Angela Lansbury sings as the teapot in
Beauty and the Beast. Personaly I think it sounds like Kermit's nephew
Robin off of the Muppets singing a concept Broadway musical about bowed
saw solos. And if that isn't a reccomendation I don't know what is!

 What is the Dukes book? What's it called? I'll make it a staff pick at
my bookshop and sell milions of the buggers.

 StayLuckyRoryxxx