Sinister: Bad Matchings

Aranzazu Sanz-Garcia pcxas at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 2 17:14:17 GMT 1998

Hello from this frozen laboratory to all listees , especially to
physical chemical brothers and sisters (they are likely aware of these
sacrifices on behalf of science...)

The worst matching experience I can remember was quite a long time ago,
a Londoner band opening in Madrid for Elastica, when Justine was still
Brit Pop's sweetheart...etc, and they had just released their first
album , I think (spring 95).Supergrass were the expected ones, but some of
them had just had his first kid and came back to England suddenly to
celebrate the happy event with the family

I cannot even remember the name of their stand in's.Something with the
word Kinky in it.They were the most awful impersonators of The Jam I never
saw, with some glam crossing too , apart from some bassist wearing a
horrid Adidas orange jacket jumping all over the stage without any sense
of ridiculous or rythm. But as the smutty time seems to have finished , I
will not tell you the worst of this story...

Another remarkably pathetic coupling was some awful Z series Spanish band
with adorable Pavement during their last tour in Spain: the gap between
them and Mercury Rev, who had been Pavement's matching in some sort of
Big Cat festival I first saw them,tended to infinity and more

Late happy Halloween...

Arantxa