Sinister: THE SHOW LAST NIGHT

TopBanana1 at xxx.com TopBanana1 at xxx.com
Mon Nov 2 18:43:38 GMT 1998

BELLE & SEBASTIAN- NOV 1, 1998- SUPPER CLUB

lets see.... me aaron & maurice got there at
about 10 to 7, met up with stephen, my love,
then we waited on line for a half hour or so i think,
got a tshirt, stuff to drink, just sat around
deciding weather or not to steal the B & S posters
on the walls. Aaron took one. Stephen was jealous!
We shoulda all taken. the opening
band Containe was kinda mediocre, your average
 pop/rock band,  a few nice progressions,
but nothing great. they messed up a few times,
i think she dropped her pic, im not sure,
but  I dont think anyone cared.
no one was listening anyway. one of the guitarists
was smoking while he was playing guitar. The smoke
from the cigarette
looked pretty sexy rising up
from his guitar into a white wave in the air,
but completely unpractical.
That band was not good enough to be able
to smoke & play at the same
time. one or the other buddy! Im so mean, sorry, they
really weren't THAT bad.
Stephen wanted to know why  he wasnt allowed to smoke
inside the venue!
(The supper club is a gorgeous venue,  by the way.
Complete with mints the the bathrooms.)
so now containe finished!! yay!!! Belle & sebastian are
coming on soon!
We're standing there for about a half hour
singing to beatles tunes, the name game,
reaching our retard potential, and finally they
come on. I was psyched like crazy, antisipating
this moment for months down
to weeks down to days to hours to minutes.
And "the state i am in" comes on, good song,
but i was looking for a little more excitement.
ok, fine, next song, "belle & sebastian",
i was looking for a little more excitement.
Next song, Slow Graffiti, nice song, but im looking for
a little more exitement, play me & the major or soemthing.
was  not my favorite set list. nope. theyt played some
great songs though, shes losing it i loved, seeing
other people was nice.
simple things spectacular,
tis a shame its only  a minute long.
They did a beautiful cover of  turn turn turn.
Stuart M. has nice arms. Stuart D. has a nice face.
for Spaceboy dream they put on the big disco ball,
very cool.
then there was another series of songs i didnt
know from the EPs. Im quite ashamed but i got bored
from that, laying my head on stephens shoulder.
Aaron seemed to be enjoying it though, dancing around.
the crowd was sorta lame. everyone was
dressed cool and everything but when it
came down to the actual music, lots of people didnt
seem to be into it, they werent
moving around at all, not even tapping their feet,
they were just staring at the
stage. Maybe they did enjoy it and they dont
feel the urge  to dance
around when they like music, i dont know.
Youd think everyone there was a critic or something,
all they did was stand there and look at the band,
analyzing it or something, but there was lots of
applause after each song, so i guess they did like it.
Us 4  and,  at most, only 2 other handfuls of
people that i saw were going crazy, but maybe
thats because we were  a little drunk.I think
i woulda been like that either way. or maybe not.
but who cares cause it was more fun this way.
Thanks Stephen!!!!! I got a bit of a belly ache though.
The set was pretty short. not happy with the set list.
but of course thats only according to my taste.
Im sure someone else loved it. no dissapointments
without expectations.
 We all cheered for
an encore but it didnt happen.
Concerts over, stephen gets another beer.
We get out jackets from the coat check, aaron
got soem autographs,
I spoke to the hot guy in the yellow shirt.
He was 28 but he looked like a baby.
Most people there were older, like late 20's.
I know its not old, but for me, being 15, it is.
Um, so thats about it. As we're walking out the
door either Maurice or Aaron shook Staurt D.s
hand cause he was talking to him before, so i just
shook his hand for the hell of it.
sexy handshake! Im in love with Staurt D.
Isobel was wearing a
funny white dress or something with
sequins, haha, so cute.
Ok, took two pictures with me maurice
stephen and aaron,
gave stephen a goodbye hug and went home.

love
shirl