Sinister: from toronto to planet marzipan and back again

petula twinkle at xxx.net
Mon Nov 2 23:18:16 GMT 1998

Evening everyone,

Sigh, so much to write about after being away for a week. I'm sitting here
feeling rather broken-hearted, but it's worth it you know. I got to spend a
whole week eating marzipan in the park and watching Father Ted with someone
who knows how to rule.

First of all, a big pint of Scrumpy Jack goes out to jj who drove all the
way from Ann Arbor with her friends because they thought a weekend in
Toronto would be fun even without b&s playing. I have not seen this girl in
2 years so it was hugs all around. And jj was a shutterbug, she took
polaroids. We even did photobooth stickers at the scary arcade near the big
HMV.  I only wish I could have seen her dancing away like mad at the soul
night, where she won the dancing contest! I would have gladly joined her in
a twist and shake to "nothing but heartaches" or "love love love" but I had
a date at the airport and had to leave the pub before the booty shaking
started. I was just beaming with pride when I found out she won!

Hello to those I sort of met at "official b&s meet" at the Public Library
pub that night too, I'm a bit shy so I didn't talk much, but you all looked
happy and chatty.

Peter and John, thank you for your very nice letters after I posted about
B&S having to cancel. The Duke of Gloucester northern soul outing would have
been extra fun with you. Come by Toronto sometime and we'll keep the dancing
contest trophy where it belongs, in sinister clutches!

Pookie, yes honey, I got your lovely little letter and photo. Mr. Sparkly
Orange and I enjoyed reading it very much indeed. I will scan it soon to
prove to the world that you are not Hank.

For those of you in NYC about to enjoy your second B&S show, have fun. The
wee green goblin of jealously reared its head for a brief second, but you
know what? There will be another time. And we got to see the Teletubbies at
my local pub on Hallowe'en Saturday *and* get a free pint because the pub
owner thought his favourite boxer was winning the match and bought everyone
a round.

love,
elisabeth xx

P.S. Kenickie may have split up, but don't deny yourself the scrumptious
album that is "get in". I plan to play "magnatron" when I (fingers crossed)
spin with DJ "oh yeah" Cambazola, and the kids will dance if they have any
sense.

P.P.S. Is it really true--Ant & Dec have joined our midsts?