Sinister: Far too much dancing, not nearly enough prancing

clint stauffer cms247 at xxx.edu
Tue Nov 3 00:38:09 GMT 1998

> >. everyone was
> >dressed cool and everything but when it
> >came down to the actual music, lots of people didn't
> >seem to be into it,
>
> After I got there I was hope that the Supper Club would have left their
> sport coat policy in tack for the night.  Maybe if all the alt-rockers
> had been dressed alike in sport coats they would have stopped trying to
> be so cool AND DANCED!

Hmm.  I have heard this sentiment on about every list I've been on.  Why do
some people not dance during the shows?  It might be because they don't want
to dance at shows.  Maybe they're there to just watch the band.  Maybe
dancing is not how they express their enjoyment.

If you like to dance at shows, go right ahead.  Find a nice spot where
you're not going to be constantly bumping into other people (something that
can be very annoying) and go to town.  Please don't tell others how to have
a good time or how they should express their enjoyment of the music.

> It is time for rock crowds to get beyond the head-nod dance and start
> acting like they are enjoying it.

Anyway, hope to see some list people at the show tonight.  I'll be easy to
spot-- I'll be the guy standing quietly watching the show.  I might even get
a little crazy and do the head-nod dance.

Clint