Sinister: Your Monday Poem.

Gary Done gary at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 3 00:45:10 GMT 1998

Hi All,

I nearly did it, I nearly forgot that responsibility for this weeks poem had
been handed onto me. Well it's gone midnight, but let's class it as Monday
anyway, as it still is for some of you.

As threatened it's a Julian Cope job, sorry, I'm not much one for poetry,
much too twee for me, more Fluffy's thing really. 87)

Well here it comes....

There's Nothing Highbrow About the Eyebrow Brothers- by Julian Cope.

"I'm a male Annie Lennox,
so I call my album div,
5th columnists are out there,
sifting dogshit through a sieve.

Man the barricades man,
There's no foil on the Kik-Kats,
We're altering the stageplan,
For an unexpected mishap.

The Ringo brother wants to sing,
Now Liam's playing guitar,
Tremolos licks come thick and fast,
The chuffin guy's a star.

And the Rutles are suing Noel,
So he's ripping off the Faces,
Now Liam's over on keyboards,
Two syllables rhymes with staces".

Well it's short but... err ..sweet, I hope you all enjoyed it. So now I
guess I have to hand the honour onto someone else don't I ?. Hmmm, I'm not
sure who has or hasn't done one, so I'll hope for the best and pass it
onto..... the one the only, the irrepressible, the inflatable, Adrian Evans.
Let me know if you've already had your turn Mr Evans and I'll try picking
someone else.

Bye all

Gary the not so El Hombre del mullet.