Sinister: My first B&S dream, finally!!

Brier Random brier at xxx.com
Tue Nov 3 04:19:11 GMT 1998

I showed up for a Belle & Sebastian concert in a really small dingy club
somewhere.  All plywood walls & bar, etc.  A woman at the bar was wearing
the new T-shirt design:  a yellow shirt with "Belle and Sebastian" written
over a picture of the white horse on the hill (like from the XTC album), and
the woman looked like the woman from The Full Monty, the (ex)wife of the guy
from Trainspotting.  I immediately took this woman to be Katrina, and wanted
to ask her if she WAS Katrina, and did she remember me from the list as the
boy who finally gave her the info on the record store where I bought the
Tigermilk bootleg and never heard a reply from her, but I was too shy to
approach.  Kat, was it you?  Anyway, there was the same design as a backdrop
behind the stage, but the band wasn't playing at this club.  They had to bus
us somewhere else.  So I put my boombox and my parka behind the bar and got
on the bus.  It took us on a long winding route, mostly beside a stagnent
river that had a dis-used conveyer belt beside it, apparently it used to be
an Amazon River-oriented theme park.  We got to the venue and I assume we
heard them play, but the next thing I remember was being back at the first
club, where my boom-box and parka were not where I left them.  I asked the
"Katrina Full Monty Wife" woman if she'd seen them.  She said no, then
"wait, I think I saw them in back", then went back & came out with only the
radio.  Damn parka was gone.  My favourite one too.  I woke up, momentarily
euphoric at having seen B&S live, then remembered it was just a dream.  Not
even a dirty one.
Any interpretations are welcome.

-brier