Sinister: Supernatural giver.

Rory Mackie babyblu at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 3 13:23:26 GMT 1998

I myself witnessed a Godawful band
> called Distant Shores open for Blur...it was supposed to be Pulp but I
> guess Philly (the last stop on the Parklife tour) was not on their
> itinerary.  So we got this American band who pretended they were British
> all glammed up in makeup and glittery sleeveless shirts.  The singer would
> regularly shake an open water bottle to simulate ejaculation...bleah.  On
> top of the glammy rock was some awful sequenced electronic parts...

 Are you sure they were American? this wasn't Pulp? It sounds like a
spot on dictionary definition of them to me;)

 I think the band that someone else mention in ther worst match-ups
story (worst impression of the Jam ever, Kinky something) was probably
Kinky Machine and yes they were bloody awful, they tried to invent
Glam-mod about two years two early and did it very clumsily. The lead
singer Louis later went on to become the Earl of Sussex or something and
now fronts Rialto, whom everyone seems to love. Just goes to show
dunnit...

 The best gig match-up I've ever witnessed was also a Mazzy Star one,
living god Bert Jansch supported them at the Garage a couple of years
ago- sublime.

 StayLuckyRoryxx