Sinister: why don't people fall over more getting off buses?

Michael Michael.Barrett at xxx.com
Tue Nov 3 18:16:13 GMT 1998

    [ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set. Some ]
    [ characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

>lurch inelegantly towards the "press" button

>He pressed the button in the usual fashion

Has anyone else noticed that this button pressing does not occur in Glasgow?
When I was younger, and travelled on buses more often (I think it was the
number 52) I new these buttons existed (sometimes they were rails in the
roof), but never saw anyone press them.  I kinda assumed if you did the
driver would lamp you for being a condascending little bastard - after all,
he is a bus driver and knows he has to stop at bus stops.

But when I went to uni I noticed all these people getting up and pressing
the buttons to tell the driver they weren't just going for a wee walk to the
front of the bus.  And now, in England, there is a little light that comes
on saying 'Bus Stopping'.  I guess it is just the drivers being
condascending back.

I only mention it cause it pisses the fuck out of me, and I gather there a
few bus experts on the list.

Did you know that Gail Porter has a pierced nipple? Now theres a dirty bitch
hiding under a pure exterior. Probably.  And shes got one of those
hate-it-cause-its-Edinburgh-but-its-sexy-anyway accents. Hmmmm.
Unfortuately its all a sham.  Despite looking like a foxy 19 year old, she
is in fact 27!! Way too old for me.

Cat Deeley on the other hand...

A South Park cover?  Thats gotta be worth hearing.  Lyrics anyone?

Michael