Sinister: B&S at CMJ? methinks not.

matthew william snyder mwsnyder at xxx.edu
Tue Nov 3 18:48:26 GMT 1998

| Hmm...Belle & Sebastian are in New York, CMJ is in New York...anyone
| have any info on an informal show perhaps under a different name.

well, it would seem unlikely.  stuart murdoch announced last night that
he was flying back to scotland today along with other members of the band,
and if they wouldn't play a show without isobel, i doubt they would play
one without stu m.

the highlight of the show last night was "i know where the summer goes,"
although i was disappointed by the fact that they skipped over "get me
away from here..." which was on their set list.  i guess they were in a
hurry to get off the stage.  the weird part was that the stage manager
guy decided to leave the lights down low, as though they were going to do
an encore, for a few minutes.  it seemed to be some sort of cruel prank.

did anyone understand what the sound man said through the P.A. near the
end of the set?  something about "bitch bitch bitch"?  it seemed very
naughty, whatever it was.  does anyone even know what i am talking about?

-matthew