Sinister: Import ordering, lack of sleep, etc.

Reid Dossinger reid.dossinger at xxx.com
Wed Nov 4 02:39:30 GMT 1998

Dammit!  Once again, I woke up this morning earlier than I would have
liked and was kept from going back to sleep by my constant Belle and
Sebastian thoughts.  It's a nice way to wake up, but the problem is that
"bleary and daydreaming" isn't in my job description.  I almost hope the
new EP is disappointing so that I can get my much-needed eight hours.

But the specifics of these thoughts are how I'm going to get the EP as
quickly as possible.  I know I'm rehashing a common topic here, but what
is everyone's (in N. America) experience with internet import ordering?
How long does it usually take?  Is CDnow worthy or does anyone have any
other recommendations?  The EP comes out on a Monday and I'm hoping to
get it by the end of that week.  Is that unrealistic?  I'm not sure I
could stand much more time than that.

Katrina, who'll soon be guiding her co-workers on a fun-filled
sun-filled holiday to her home country, told us of Stuart's travel
plans:

> unfortunately, no as Stuart's flying back tonight to cut the forthcoming
> ep, so ... sorry!

More to add to the list of Belle and Sebastian's perfections.  None of
this "our fans just got a tour, they can wait a while for new material"
business.  Christian and I were talking about this walking back to the
car after the DC show on Friday...that one of the great things about
Belle and Sebastian (and their labels) is that there's always something
new.  The last band that I went crazy about (in a very different way)
was Pulp, and it was such a let-down after seeing them live to think
that it was going to be *years* before I got to hear anything new.  A
year and a half to be precise, and when it showed up, it was pretty
disappointing, as it was bound to be.  B&S on the other hand...barely a
month after I see them live, we're getting new music.  Plus another EP
and the Tigermilk re-release next spring.  "Thank you" just doesn't seem
to be quite enough anymore....

Speaking of Christian, he's now on the list.  Keep an eye on him.  Like
all Philadelphia Eagles fans, he'd just as soon cut you with a broken
bottle as look at you.  He's shifty and cunning and will smother you
with his massive CD collection if you say anything bad about me.

Mick McMick told us a great story and then said:

> it's a tale worth telling I feel, so take
> it or leave it. I wonder how close I came to Reid....

I'll take it!  And then some.  In terms of quality, you were way ahead
of me.  In terms of length, I don't know, but...the longer the better as
far as I'm concerned.  Um, obviously.  Thanks to everyone who sacrificed
their fingers to give us the kind of information that keeps me from
getting a decent night's sleep.

I'm kind of sad, though that I didn't meet more Sinister members at the
shows I went to.  All those people I would have loved to have met were
RIGHT THERE and...oh, well.  Next time.  I wasn't thinking real
straight.  Alright, I admit it: Everyone says that Megan was very
lovely, and if this is Magnetic Fields Megan, then I missed out big
time.

By the way, I can type fast.  I'm not bragging...just explaining to you
why my posts are so long.  Well, that and the fact that a certain band
continues to be so interesting.

You always cry (for joy) at endings,
    Reid