Sinister: smarter than teachers, smarter than most boys

Carrick C Blair carrick44 at xxx.com
Wed Nov 4 05:16:00 GMT 1998

excuse me a second, I got to find a new CD, The Impressions
CD just ended...

Sorry, that took longer than a second, I had to put my clothes in
the dryer as well.

Ahh, yes...The Byrds. Been listening to them a lot the last couple
of days. Something to do with hearing Turn,Turn,Turn Sunday
night. All I can say is, The Byrds are better than B&S. At least
right at this moment. But I don't think I would fly halfway across
the country to see a Byrds gig.

And you guys are making this stuff up about them playing We Rule
The School last night. No way. Can't be. That's the first song I
heard by B&S, driving in my car, early one warm late winter evening.
And someone offered me a ticket for last night. But I was too tired...
I could have heard Loneliness, I know where..., all for the first time.
Damn! Damn! Darn!

Back to happier thoughts.
Spent this evening discussing the purpose of life with what we'll
call for now a discussion group, but all I could think of is how
beautiful Lord Anthony sounded Sunday night. "smarter than
most boys....."

Sunday started out well. Another beautiful sunny day. Found
my keys in the field I'd been lying around in the day before. Not
much traffic going into the city. Parked downtown, since that's
the only place we know how to. Had a lovely little dinner with
lots of red wine down in this little french bistro in SoHo. And
forget Isobel, I got a crush on the Belgian waitress at this place.
She smiled and waved at me when we finally left. She probably
does that to all the boys.

Got to the Supper Club to get Michele's extra tickets (thanks again)
and than went around the corner to have a somewhat reasonably
priced drink. Came back to find the rest of our group waiting outside.
Supper Club was a bit two swank for my tastes. I don't like having to
tip someone for handing me a paper towel. More on that some
other time.

My friend Donna was there, so she had to fill me in on all her latest boy

problems. That used up most of the time Containe was playing. They
did sound better Sunday than they did in Boston. I embarrassed myself
by introducing myself to the drummer from the Lilys' after I had been
introduced to him twenty minutes earlier. And the DJ!!! Started off with
Lady Friend by the Byrds. Perfection. This guy should have been in
Philly, could have turned the canceled concert into swinging 60's pop/
soul party. Are we supposed to know this guy? Someone else
mentioned his name like we were supposed to know him.

You all know the set list by now. I'll just repeat myself by saying that
Lord Anthony sounded amazing. The whole set sounded amazing.
I chatted to Chris a little bit afterwards, wanted to thank him for
personally announcing the cancellation in Philly, and to reassure
him that at least our little group understood. He mentioned that he
felt that the show just finished was the best so far. I was already to
go again, but the drive home at 2am, hardly staying awake after
spending a few hours at Swifts (this place is always filled with Brits.
Why? Is it in the official guide book to NYC or something?)
put me over the edge.

Hi to the few people I met (Mick, Megan, and Matthew) (And Mick, I
hope you mean the young Alan McGhee) It was a pleasure to
meet all of you. You all seem like lovely people.

And boo to the guy (who I later found out was from the Make Up)
who interrupted Stevie Jackson when he was about to tell me how
his record shopping went. And boo to the bouncers in general,
who seemed to be about to kick the band themselves out of the
club.

The tour is over. Lets all go back to talking about ourselves now.
On second thought, keep the stories coming. Maybe we can make
it last till the next tour. Especially if they are as good as the one
about
the wandering girl from Missouri, and her friend from Virginia.

Its getting colder....
Stay warm and well fed.

Carrick

_________