Sinister: Stevies full of good intentions, Byrds covers, vaginal infections

Mick McMick bp224996 at xxx.edu
Wed Nov 4 16:55:07 GMT 1998

Jake wrote:
> Mick McMick asked whether Stevie was mentionned in Modern Rock song,
> and he is.
>
> Stevies into good intentions,
> Richards into rock and roll,
> Stuarts staying in cause he thinks its a sin that he has to leave the
> house at all.

	And isn't there a line saying something like "Me, I'm..." something or
other. I'm not very good at remembering the lyrics, am I? Oh well. I do
recall the line "We're four boys in our corduroys/We're not terriffic
but we're competent," so evidently there are four members sung about in
the song, which I would assume to be two Stuarts, a Stevie and a
Richard. Someone suggested in an e-mail to me that perhaps this was
written when the entire band was together, but that whoever was there
when the song was written was included in the lyrics. The world may
never know...

Katrina wrote
> i thought it was "stevie's full of good intentions" ...

	I think Jake thinks so as well, as he put that in the subject header
=D  Probably just a slip of the finger, or the mind ;)

Chris(tine?) Leonard wrote:
> Turn, turn, turn - Belle and Sebastian played it in Hyndland church
> back in June, remember.  Stuart told us not to sing along, we had to
> listen to them and not make a sound.  Did he say the same to you lot?
> I bet he did.

	Is it the same? For some reason I thought the one played in Hyndland
church was a different, more religious Byrds song. But I'm going on
memory, and my memory has as many holes as an old piece of cheesecloth.
Anyway, I don't believe they asked us not to sing along, but they may
have asked us to be quieter or something. Remember, though,
cheesecloth...

Corporea Arenacea writes:
>         I'll vouch for Magnetic Fields Megan being lovely but I think > I rather creeped her out, not surprising really but amusing, still.
> 	By the way, you know you have a Candida albicans infection by a
> cottage-cheese-like vaginal discharge, and yeah, "Listeria" is really > a disease, too. I just got tested on all these things yesterday,
> those were the books I was reading at the show. Well, not during, but > before and after.

	I find it endlessly amusing that someone used Megan to segue into a
discussion of vaginal infections and cottage-cheese-like vaginal
discharge. But before anyone draws any foregone conclusions, I'm fairly
confidant that Minka doesn't have a vaginal infection ;)

	Discharge-free,

 /"\_/"\_/"\   Mick McMick - bp224995 at oak.cats.ohiou.edu - ICQ#5056758
 \         /   Sandcastle Records - (same e-mail for now)