Sinister: Neil and Holly and Henry

Jessica Murphy jmurphy at xxx.Edu
Thu Nov 5 14:50:35 GMT 1998

Hello...

Arantxa asked:

"By the way : have any of you read 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'? I just
read it translated into Spanish, so I don't know which English word
Holly uses to describe her depressive state of mind, when she plays the
guitar sitting on the fire escape ...?That is Malea in the Spanish
version."

Oh yes, she says she has "the mean reds"... not to be confused with "the
blues," but a different, scarier feeling altogether.  And the male
character says (boringly) "There's a word for that, it's called 'angst.'"
I think I prefer "mean reds."

There isn't much I can add to everyone's accounts of the perfect Nov 1 New
York show at this late date...  Oh, I liked Stuart M's joke about running
into J.D. Salinger on the street.  I don't think anyone's mentioned that
yet.

And I didn't realize there were so many well-known names in the audience.
Hm.  I did go over to say hello to Henry Thomas, and I lost my composure
and regressed to the age of 12 or so, which is somewhat appropriate since
that was my age when "E.T." came out.

Moon river, wider than a mile, I'm crossing you in style someday,

jessica m

xo