Sinister: sinister: i light my torch and wave it.

Christian Scanniello christian at xxx.net
Thu Nov 5 16:40:05 GMT 1998

greetings! this being my first post, i must admit to having a bit of
stage fright. see, i probably would've just remained the shadows,
quietly lurking and luxuriating in this wealth of information for a bit
longer....but my dear chum reid has already basically "outed" me in an
earlier post. don't ask me about broken bottles though....or eagles
either for that matter.

obviously i'm a keenly appreciative of the music of one musical combo
belle and sebastian. but i've also become somewhat of a fan of, well,
you lot. i've been keeping up with the list for awhile now and must
admit that my list crush isn't limited to just one lucky soul. so cast
my vote for the entire list. well, perhaps, with the exception of
indiarub, who has clearly never seen north carolina in october. <g>

since this is my first post, i must provide the obligatory "that
question has already been answered a thousand times" question. it's not
even a very interesting question....but i'll ask anyways. 'cause i'm
curious and that's good enough for me. here goes...in the sessions
version of "seeing other people" (the slooooooow version), are stuart
and isobel also trading verses with stevie??? listening to it again last
night in traffic i could've sworn that one of the verses was sung by
stevie's fine baritone rather than stuart's dulcet tenor? am i mistaken?
does it even matter? prolly not.

oh well...i'll offer another feeble observation. do the horns in "dog on
wheels" remind anyone else of the theme of "hawaii five-o"?

and a firedance through the night,
christian.