Sinister: Megan may not babble, but I do

Reid Dossinger reid.dossinger at xxx.com
Thu Nov 5 21:02:06 GMT 1998

> I finally found out what an arab strap was(Quit a laugh to was). So now im
> debating weather that is an arab strap on the cover.anyone can help me?

Oh, yeah.  That's an arab strap all right, being used on poor,
unsuspecting Chris "Camel" Geddes.  It is remarkably stick-like, sure,
but arab straps have changed through the years.  Where once they were
used to trap camels, they're now used almost exclusively to trap
Scotsmen for use for an international musician slavery ring.  The album
cover is a shot of Chris' capture that came after a 4 day chase through
the north of Scotland.  The look of defeat on his face is really pretty
tragic.  I personally think it's kind of tasteless that they used that
shot for the cover.  But that pretty much sums up Belle and Sebastian in
a word: "tasteless".

I'm pretty amazed, actually, that in the two shows I saw, wee Chris had
PLENTY of chances to escape, but didn't.  That Murdoch guy must be even
more evil that any of us could have expected.

One of the best friends a guy could ever ask for said:

>  so cast
> my vote for the entire list. well, perhaps, with the exception of
> indiarub, who has clearly never seen north carolina in october.

AMEN!  It's actually been a sub-par fall around here, and it's still so
gorgeous it makes ya giddy.  Ask Ginger...she knows.  By the way, if
there are any other Chapel Hillians and/or UNC-CH students who still
need a copy of Tigermilk and the sessions, let me know.  It's that whole
mailing thing that keeps me from taping it more often.

> Charistian wrote and a firedance through the night,
> christian. - Duran Duran lyrics!! you can't say that!!!!!!!!!

You can and you will.  All the cool kids do.  You sit in the back of the
bus, chew gum in class and you always, ALWAYS end your email with a
Duran Duran quote.  Damn...where have YOU been?!

That's all I have time for.  Lucky you...

Lonely in your nightmare,
    Reid