Sinister: What is the point, thought Sinister, of a list crush if noone knows , about it?

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Thu Nov 5 23:28:42 GMT 1998

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Sarah wrote:

> Seeing as I am maybe one of the only people sat all on her ownsome on
> Bonfire night and not by choice either, lets cut the wee wee (?) and get

Well I did manage to get to the humungous firework display tonight in
town, but noone I was with wanted to go to the fair afterwards so I'm back
here being bored and lonely...

Guy Fawkes tried to blow up all the politicians in the country. He failed.
Why are we celebrating?

> Stuart Gardiner, I bought a best of Sparks - IN THE SWING! yesterday for a
> fiver, and it reminded me of you! Aaaw :) Just thought I'd say that, even
> though you probably have forgotten why I remember it! Anyway, dat tall man
> wrote:

Like I said at the time, Sparks RULE and I recommend them to anyone. But
I'm still waiting for you to see the light and appreciate just how good
Rialto are...

> > As for who's winning at the moment, well you'll have to wait and see.
> > Let's just say it's noone who won last time...
>
> Hmph, I stand a chance then! Nobody voted for meee last time :( *pout*

Plus ca change? We'll see. For now I'll just tease you a little more by
saying that 2 people are leading on 4 crushes each, one of them is from
England and the other from mainland Europe. More votes welcome...

> > While I'm here, with all these people talking about getting really
> > embarrassed about meeting band members, did I ever tell you about the
> > after-show club we went to in Leeds? Sample conversation:
> > Me; "Hi, I'm Stuart, I live just North of here."
> > Fluffy; "I'm Sarah, I come from Preston."
> > Mick Cooke; "Hi, I'm Mick, I'm from Glasgow."
>
> Um, actually, I seems to remeber it was Stevie :) Mick was the one you and
> Nick were pointing at just before B&S came from, and duly embarrased me like
> poo!! Heh heh! Um, was I really that boring though? D'oh! But I can't be
> dull, I'm lovely! Anyway!!!

OK, so I wasn't really with it when I wrote this. Yes, it was Stevie not
Mick that we were talking to on that occasion - Mick was otherwise
occupied ;-)

But seriously though, when you get the chance to talk to a member of B&S,
what exactly can you say to them without embarrassing yourself? I
certainly haven't managed it yet... You can't really just say "Hi, I think
you're great, will you go to bed with me?" can you?

Right, I'm off to see if there's any parties going on in people's rooms in
this place that I can crash. Better get some sleep at some point though -
I've got a free dinner (wiuth free alcohol! Woohoo!) tomorrow night and
then I've got to get up at 6.30am on Saturday to go to Nottingham...
Welcome to the first train to hangover central...

Big Stu