Sinister: stuart and isobel?

sam jacob sjacob at xxx.edu
Fri Nov 6 00:27:07 GMT 1998

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking for a while and have been sort of shy about possibly
saying anything, but this stuart/isobel relationship has me intrigued...
My name is sam and seeing belle and sebastian in concert (in chicago) was
the BEST show i have seen a quite a while...

It is funny because just a week or so ago my boyfriend and I were talking
over dinner how stuart murdoch might NOT be gay or sexually ambiguous at
all, and it was sort of an epiphany. I know in theory that it is important
to distinguish a singer/songwriter from the narrator of a song, but i have
to admit i often forget...

I have always found some of their songs sort of equivocal. I guess they
might just be about sexually confusing times... Songs like, "Seeing Other
People" say so much, but they do it subtley, which is why I like Belle and
Sebastian so much...

Anyway, you sinister elder listees who definately know the skinny on all
things belle and sebastian related (your knowledge astounds me sometimes!)
might be able to back up my hunches. Stuart M. seems like a very private
kind of guy who doesn't like dealing much with the hounding reporters or
indelicate probes into his personal life. I guess the only people that
really would know the salacious details of this stuart/isobel affair would
be some of his close personal friends (which some of you seem to be!).
I guess i will have to keep on taking cues from belle and sebastian songs.
ace as they are...

thanks,

sam