Sinister: things to do in NYC on Saturday night...

Erin Lewis erinlew at xxx.com
Fri Nov 6 06:53:42 GMT 1998

Hi kids,
     This is a shameless plug for someone who deserves it.  If you are
not seeing one of the other million bands at the CMJ festival in New
York on Saturday night, please go see Mr. Mark Kozelek (of Red House
Painters fame) play at the Fort in Greenwich Village.  It's a tiny place
behind the Sidewalk Cafe, and the address is 94 Ave. A.  His showtime is
11 p.m.  He usually honors requests too, if you speak loud enough for
him to hear.  (A suggestion from someone who knows:  REO Speedwagon or
"Warpigs".)
     Just out of curiosity, did anyone on this list go see the
Lucksmiths play at the Poetry Cafe because I posted shamelessly about
it?  Please e-mail me your success story if so.

-Miss Erin, who wonders if anyone here follows orders

*Confidential to Donovan Matador Finn*: I will gladly send you some
"secret" sessions if you promise to send Miss Chan Marshall (aka Cat
Power) some candy or a happy lightbox (or lemons?).  Her live show was
sooooo disappointing, and it had Bill Smog written all over it.