Sinister: This is happening without my permission

Michael Jones tourajsig2 at xxx.com
Fri Nov 6 10:11:25 GMT 1998

Hello youse,

Well, everyone's gone barmy.  3000 mails a day and I'm never touching
cottage cheese again in my life.

Struan and Isobel an item ?  Bugger.  What chance now of The Rough
Guide To Caledonian Queercore publishing my piece on B&S ?  This is
hard on the heels of The Economist rejecting my Larry Grayson profile
purely because of my enthusiastic use of the word 'foreskin'.  In
context, for God's sake, in context.  I'm packing in this biog lark.
It's a mug's game.

Meanwhile, I continue to be stalked by former members of Huggy Bear.
Not, I suspect, as worrying as being stalked by former members of the
Khmer Rouge or the Baader-Meinhof Gang, but unnerving nevertheless.
(For our younger readers, Huggy Bear were a troupe of anarchic
minstrels of ambiguous sexuality - rather like B&S - who caused
something of a rumpus in the early part of this decade by upsetting
noted Mancunian ignoramus Terry Christian on national television and
by releasing a stream of shamelessly unlistenable 7-inch singles.  I
think the Khmer Rouge were on a Postcard compilation and the
Baader-Meinhof Gang put out a couple of EPs on Mute.)  They sit
opposite me on the Tube between Finsbury Park and Vauxhall, making
fierce eye-contact and taking feverish notes in pocket-sized John
Menzies pads.  I do hope they're not intending to co-opt me into their
next BoyGirl Revolution.  I didn't much care for the last one.

To those listees who miss Timbaland Popkiss; he is alive, well and
drinking in Peckham.

Mike (about as easy as a nuclear war).