Sinister: 667, The Neighbour of the Beast

Warrander John - FML WarranderJ at xxx.uk
Fri Nov 6 10:45:48 GMT 1998

Ello me breetush chums,

Yikes! We went to see The Exorcist last night. Well the
big hard residents of Chorlton did. Wimpy little ginger
saps stayed at home and hid behind their sofas. The
Exorcist was very good though. I liked it. Especially the
washed-out 70s look and the tense atmosphere. It wasn't
especially scary on the whole (well, obviously I wasn't
scared) and there wasn't much laughs and the most
horrible bit was when they did some medical procedure
on that possessed girl. (Very unpleasant. Do they still do
stuff like that?) At the end of it all, I certainly hope I never
get possessed by an evil demon. Which is I think the
message that the film was trying to convey.

The icing on the cake was Big JB standing up at the end
and announcing to the audience that his least favourite
people in the whole world were students. That's what
happens when you keep a young man who's just spent
several hours in the pub away from a toilet for too long.

Then we went to a "Concept". Concepts sell beer and
play loud 80s music. They don't however play J-Pop,
which is exactly what some club called "Ultra-Kitty" was
up to in Manchester on Monday. Sadly, I only found out
about it on Tuesday so I never got to go. But it does give
me the chance to mention that the Japanese pop kids
are probably the coolest and best dressed pop kids in
the world. And they all like Soft Rock which is probably
the coolest and best dressed pop genre in the world.

On the TV front. Well in the coming series of Stars In
Their Eyes there's going to be a very special guest. I'm
not mentioning names or anything, but watch out for the
magic words "Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be Robert
Palmer".

Stephen Pastel's coming to Manchester in December.
The 11th it is and he's taking along some of his friends
and they'll be playing a selection of their favourite songs
at "Night & Day" cafe. I'm very, very excited.

Have a lovely weekend everybody,

Keep the faith,
The John

PS It's Stuart David