Sinister: 7204 fibre-optic angel

Honey honey at xxx.net
Fri Nov 6 16:01:37 GMT 1998

Hiya bunnies,

Phew.  This scrapbook of a mail was compiled over a good few days as
I can't keep up.  I hope it's not too dull.

Thank you for everyone who posted reviews of the US concerts - it
makes a cheery change, except when I get wildly jealous, and then
feel wildly unjustified as at least I didn't drive 5000 miles to a
gig only to find it not happen.  To all those who went to
Philadelphia and Toronto only to be disappointed, and then had to
read all these spiffing reviews, I don't know how to say it other
than I know the band doesn't feel good about it either.  Your time
will come!  In the meantime reward yourself little Sinister badges
for your brownies uniforms with a Red Cross symbol on them for being
brave little soldiers.  I'm also very very pleased so many people got
to meet the band - aren't they something?  I don't know how they got
to be so nice, I think David and Katrina put something in their tea.

Thank you paragraph number two goes to everyone who signed a "get out
of bed" card for me before the Washington gig, including a bloke with
a Scottish accent who might have been wearing silver pants at the
time.  I do hope so.  I will get better soon I promise (I promise)
and then we'll all have beer and sandwiches together at No.10 Downing
Street.

Anyway Peter Killer wrote re. "1968" by France Gall:

> I can't remember
> whether it's that album or the other one, but she looks
> bloody awful on the cover. Like a deflated Diana Dors.

Yes Peter it's that one.  The great and dearly mourned Tim Hopkins
(newsters do a search in the archives for his mails, you won't be
disappointed) once taught me concerning 1970s soul LPs, that the
worse looking the cover, the better the content therein.  I would
extend that to 60s French Pop, and of course, purple crimplene
flares, which usually conceal a smashing pair of thighs.

That nice Carrick said:

> ... got to the Supper Club to get Michele's extra tickets ...

at which I emitted a low grring sound in my lower throat, because
they probably had "honey" and "linda" written on them in secret
service disappearing ink.  The trials of life.  Oh well.

Mr IndiaRubberman said:

> but searching the archives is a pain...I get terrible DL
> rates to the site

Well first off, let me say that the Sinister WWW site is down just
now, like I said in an earlier message, so it's damn slow just
*now*..

But anyway, no-one told me there were speed problems before - could
other people let me know (privately) if this is the case when it's
working again?  The search itself is crude I know, by which I don't
mean it keeps bringing up smut, although chances are it will, but
that it's homemade and therefore a bit crap - I can't even make
scones never mind search engines.  But if people are *generally*
having speed problems to my site please let me know.  Trying anything
between 7pm and midnight UK time will inevitably be slower as this
machine also runs the department's backups, and they win.

I'm always very tickled to hear that a lot of the crowds at the US
gigs are dressed "cool" for B&S gigs; I'm imagining 300 US listees
sitting reading this looking suave and sophisticated, imagining we're
doing the same over this side of the Atlantic.  Little do you know
we're all sneekily wearing polyester drip-dry shirts, purple checked
half-mast trousers and bicycle clips.  I suspect if we all got
together for a gig in the Falklands you might be afraid to talk to
us.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned that the main feature of the new Mercury
Rev LP is the presence of a "bowed saw", which makes the whole thing
wonderfully Ed Woodesque; mind you they might have had one all along,
my MR credentials are as patchy as my knowledge of the effects of
blind bat fever on Colombian peasants, so I've probably gone and
embarrassed myself, and should go and get a cloth.

Did anyone know that Spring from "Here Come The Double Deckers" was
the lead singer for Aswad?  I bet anyone who's old enough and doesn't
get out enough to remember the program knew that already.  And I have
a tiger just like Tiger's.

What's the consensus Audrey, on whether anyone taped Wee Chris on the
radio?  I'm looking for things to do while in my frozen time capsule,
and Chris talking about his soul brother socks sounds right up my
street.

And Lesley Miller, that was the longest and most intricate crush mail
I've ever seen on this list; some of the band read the list sometimes
(and post to it :), so I guess Isobel might find out sometime soon :)
Keep your tiger ears on... but I didn't know there was such a thing
as a "non-sexual crush" and a "high school crush" - I'm going to
start drawing a diagram of mine.  Mind you, I think I've got a crush
of whatever type on Jamie Tuesday Poem, and I've brought my yoyo.

Gosh I'm sorry this is going on and on: Gram, the french B&S sound
bloke is called Gerard and certainly for the UK gigs he did the talky
bits on Dirty Dream from the desk (with a grin on his face).

More later when I get further down through your sumptuous succulent
mails..

the honey who was paul xxx