Sinister: A cornucopia of responses, all written with my nose (and my fingers)

Mick McMick bp224996 at xxx.edu
Sat Nov 7 17:21:56 GMT 1998

Whoah,
	I don't think this got sent properly, at least according to my mailbox
it didn't. So here it is again...

Keith Watson wrote:
>   Mick McMick, you would be wise to believe the young lad Leonard when > he says that B+S did indeed play Turn Turn Turn
at the church, we've
> got a tape of it for a kick off - or at least, it's a tape of me and
> Chris singing along to the hymn but strategically substituting rude
> words along the way.

        Alright, alright, I concede, there is no shadow of doubt in any
of the cockles of my heart. And I concede to you, Chris, as well. Ohp! I
just noticed a shadow of doubt in the cockle that's sort of a bit to the
left and at the bottom...yes, that one. Hm, let me see...there, I've got
it now, my cockles are doubt-free.

> Is it possible that Andre may not have seen Stuart on Hyndland road at > all, and it was perhaps Duncan Goodhew, Telly
Savalas or maybe even
> Yul Brynner (Oooon may be able to sort us out on that one). As far as
> I'm aware they're still in America, the word last night from Anne I
> believe was that the newest megastar in the B+S camp, DJ Doctor Divine > "the Spinmaster" Symington was coming back on
Saturday the 7th from
> America, as is Mick from whom the date the 7th came completely
> separately. I'm sure Ian will be able to confirm this one... so unless > Stuart came back separately from all the rest, I
think it's basically
> definite that Andre actually saw someone else who was famous and bald, > such as perhaps Errol Brown from Hot Chocolate.

        First of all, isn't Yul Brynner dead? Maybe what Andre saw was
the *GHOST* of Yul Brynner, who had recently become a large Gnashing
Kumquats fan. Sorry but I'm not sure if that's how one spells cumkwat,
but perhaps if I spell it differently every time I say it, sooner or
later I'll get it right.
        Anyway, as a little birdie told me, the rest of the band was at
the Cornelius show last night, except for Stuart M and ISOBEL! So
perhaps she also went back to help with "mixing"?

a Duran Duran fan quoth:
> since this is my first post, i must provide the obligatory "that
> question has already been answered a thousand times" question. it's
> not even a very interesting question....but i'll ask anyways. 'cause
> i'm curious and that's good enough for me. here goes...in the sessions
> version of "seeing other people" (the slooooooow version), are stuart
> and isobel also trading verses with stevie??? listening to it again
> last night in traffic i could've sworn that one of the verses was sung > by stevie's fine baritone rather than stuart's
dulcet tenor? am i
> mistaken? does it even matter? prolly not.

        Stevie's in there, you're right. They each take a verse, and if
memory serves me well it goes Stevie, Stuart, Isobel, and then all of
them together.

        And finally, in honor of Robin's utterly amusing story, I
present to you an Ink Polaroid, written entirely with my nose, without
the use of a "backspace" or "delete" key:

        yyeere i am, my baccckji is huuuuunched ovfer anjhd my neckj
hyurt6s. obviouuskly i'm typinjg with  nhose,, but it iis p-ainfull so
i'lol stop now.

        Hm, not bad. Reminds me of when I was very very little and my
parents used to sit me in front of a typewriter, and tell me to type a
letter to my grandmother. Of course at this age, I couldn't spell, read,
or write without a typewriter, much less with one. But it was quite fun
to go banging away at those keys. After I was done, my parents would
remove the paper and try to find actual words that I had accidentally
written. I recall they were very amused once when I wrote something like
"fart." Now you see what I had to work with? It's no wonder I turned out
like this. It reminds me of the scenario where you sit an infinite
number of monkeys (not Monkees, note you, because there're only four of
those) at an infinite number of typewriters, eventually one will write
one of the great works of Shakespeare. Needless to say, I wrote no
Shakespearian plays, nor any sonnets.

        Hungry like the wolf,

 /"\_/"\_/"\   Mick McMick - bp224995 at oak.cats.ohiou.edu - ICQ#5056758
 \         /   Sandcastle Records - (same e-mail for now)