Sinister: sinister breakfasts

gwenn belbeoch belbeoch at xxx.com
Sun Nov 8 15:42:54 GMT 1998

Dear all,

couldn't resist on that sunday afternoon, while i am working( life isn't
fair) to reply to Weejay and ask you a little something :

WeeJay wrote :
Most of my
>friends don't like B&S at all, but one person I know does ;-) My
>best friend for years insisted on loving U2 and hating all bands that
>are in the least bit girly, so disliking people who 'disagree' with my
>taste has never been an option as that would mean having no
>friends.

don't worry you're not the only one : join the club!!!!
just wanted to ask you guys if you have any idea of what it means to
have breakfast every mornings with either Celine Dion or Bryan Adams? i
do like a lot my flatmates,but not their music... hard to support
sometimes believe me. (i guess that's the reason why i'm never late to
come in at work....but that also explains why the first thing i do when
i arrive is a 10 minutes break, listening to B&S or some other cool
bands, coz their music completely stressed me out and put me in a bad
bad mood, )

so i do understand what you have been written.
 this is my theory: nobody knows what the 'good taste' in music is, we
can all have a different definition of it; even among us, i'm sure some
of us like some musics that the others don"t. BUT what DOES exist is a
universal definition of what the 'bad taste' in music (moovies...) is.
isn't that true ?

so, please, does anyone of you know a way to influence the real 'bad
taste' of my flatmates to change it into something less worse...i won't
pretend to influence them to the point that they'll love 'my' music.
Let's say that first, i don't wanna hear this ironic tone in their voice
when i am the one who is choosing the music saying 'what is this kind of
music again?' anymore; and second, i am ready to hear a music i don't
really like as long as it doesn't make me mad.

hope you'll all have a better and sunnier sunday than mine!!!

cheers,
gwenn