Sinister: New Records

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 9 16:51:42 GMT 1998

Indeed, why not talk about new records, since they're great, at least, the
good ones are. So this weekend I bought the Mercury Rev record which, as
WHOever it was said, is great, I'd agree with that certainly, I was never
hugely keen on Mercury Rev before, I mean, I liked the records, but I
suppose they were in the "more interesting than actually good" category.

	I bought the Gene Clark compilation that came out a couple of weeks ago,
and it's brilliant too, although I haven't made it as far as CD2 yet, but
I'll bet it rules too.  Another fine recommendation that came out today, is
the single of "All I Need" by Air, which features two remixes of Kelly
Watch the Stars, which are both brilliant, in particular, the first on, by
Moog Cookbook, which has to count as one of the best remixes of the decade.
It's ace when people can actually do something different to a track that
changes it, and yet actually retains elements of the original, people have
taken to taking the piss for numerous years now as remixes are concerned.

Cheers,
  Keith.