Sinister: Everyone participate!

Frank Yang fyang at xxx.ca
Mon Nov 9 17:49:29 GMT 1998

lorelei tremelor wrote:

> it seems that b&s fans come from all types of musical realms
> so while i recommend music to everyone, i can't assure you that
> you'll like any of it.  :(
>
> other bands i've been listening to lately:
> mojave3
> rialto
> sweet trip
>
> other favourite bands of mine:
> slowdive
> my bloody valentine
> broadcast
> pale saints
>
> any other shoegazer belle & sebastian fans out there?
>
> lorraine ;D

Shoegazer forever!  It's interesting, but for some reason B&S seem to have
wide crossover appeal to shoegazer fans, though musically they seem to have
no connection to the genre.  Could just be they strike a chord with people
with excellent musical taste :)

Personal sneaker-investigating faves:
Ride (very disappointed with H#1, cautiously anticipating Animal House)
MBV (new record this century?  Or is Kevin Shields just a total basket case
now?)
Boo Radleys (shoegazed once upon a time)
Catherine Wheel (though their more recent Floyd-ian stuff is better)
Spiritualized (do they count?)

and from here a lot of stuff I like ceases technically counting as
shoegazing... common denominator?  Sonically interesting pop music.
Always looking for recommendations of new music....

--
Frank Yang
Imperial Tobacco Ltd.

In my CD player:  The Candyskins - Death Of A Minor TV Celebrity