Sinister: Shoegazing is not dead

Archel rap101 at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 9 17:59:09 GMT 1998

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Aranzazu Sanz-Garcia wrote:

oh oh, i fear we're getting dangeraously close to that 'let's list our
favourite bands' territory again. but never mind that. i gaze at my shoes,
but only when i'm wearing my fabulous princess leia slippers...

i don't think i've posted for a few days. i've been away and stuff (sorry
i failed to meet you jake - it was always going to be tricky amongst 50000
people).

i'm not feeling too well and haven't really got anything of interest to
say, but i thought i'd post anyway to make sure my name stays fresh in
your minds for when you're making that all-important list crush
choice... :)

so i'm doing the monday poem then? better get thinking. ooh, there's so
many i want to force you all to read.

sore throated kisses, archel x

ps. i saw rem on jools holland on friday and wow! wow! michael stipe
looked really quite stunning in sparkly eyes and a slash neck number, and
they were just great. (celeb story: michael stipe was at the same
radiohead gig i was at in brighton! as was ewan mcgregor! luckily i didn't
know beforehand otherwise i would have probably missed much of the concert
trying to see them.)

xx

> Thanks Lorelei to rescue such a descriptive word as shoegazer. Yes, I was
> one of them, though I don't stand anymore in the dancefloor staring
> exactly at the floor and shaking my bobbed hair ...Some of my all time
> favourites are in your list, My Bloody (the Kings), or Pale Saints, but
> Ride used to be too, and Adorable and Swervedriver
>
> Arantxa

>           +---+   "legion of bedroom saddo devotees"  +---+
>  +-+  "the cardie wearing biscuit nibbling belle & sebastian list"  +-+

Rachel Playforth
rap101 at york.ac.uk
http://members.tripod.com/~RPlayforth/welcome.htm